Penia Baptist Church Core Beliefs
AS A SOUTHERN BAPTIST CHURCH WE AFFIRM AND AGREE TO THE CURRENT SOUTHERN BAPTIST FAITH AND MESSAGE.
We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God.
- That the 66 books of the Old and New Testament were inspired by the Spirit of God as originally written
- That the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct · 2 Timothy 3:16
We believe in one God, Creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three equal Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
We believe in the absolute and essential deity of our Lord Jesus Christ
- In His eternal existence, with the Father in pre-incarnate glory
- In His work of creation, in His virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death and bodily resurrection
- In His triumphant ascension, mediatorial ministry and personal return
The Holy Spirit
We believe in the absolute and essential deity, and in the personality of the Holy Spirit
- Who convinces of sin, of righteousness and of judgment
- Who regenerates, indwells, seals, sanctifies, illuminates and comforts those who believe in Jesus Christ
- Who baptizes believers at conversion into the Body of Christ and bestows upon them His gifts sovereignly as He wills and fills those yielded to Him
We believe that Adam was divinely created in the image of God
- That by the sin of disobedience he fell from that state
- That all his posterity inherited this sin nature and are therefore sinners by nature.
- That all men therefore are guilty before God and condemned to physical and spiritual death
We believe that salvation is by the sovereign grace of God and involves the redemption of the whole man.
- That by the Father, Christ voluntarily suffered a propitiatory death.
- That justification is by faith alone in the all-sufficient sacrifice and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Salvation is offered freely to all, by Grace, that whosever would believe should not perish, but have eternal life.
- All true beleivers endure to the end. Those whom God has accepted in Christ, are sanctified by His Spirit and will never fall away from the state of Grace, but shall persevere to the end.
You may also see our Mission Statement, Vision, and Objectives here: Core Values